W.A., TAS., N.T. & A.C.T. workers compensation insurance for
Workers Compensation aims to provide monitory and other compensation to workers who get injured (both mentally and physically) or suffer illness that arises from work.
What is covered under Workers Compensation Insurance?
- Payment of a percentage of the wages of an injured worker during the time they are rendered unfit to work.
- Compensation of lost earnings for workers who are forced to work less due to their injured state.
- Payment of all treatment costs, including all medical expense from the doctor's fee, to the cost of medications and hospitalization.
- Rehabilitation cost of an injured worker to make him return to work.
Who needs Workers Compensation Insurance?
Workers compensation insurance is a compulsory insurance for all employers who have workers working for them. The definition of a worker may vary slightly from state to state, but what remains common to them all is that a worker is anyone receiving wages and from your business. Workers maybe full-time, part-time or casual, if they are drawing wages and get receive injuries during their work hours, they become liable to certain compensations from the employer.
Definition of Worker and Insurer
A 'worker' covers a broad category of workers. It covers not just full-time workers on wages and salaries, but also part-time workers, seasonal and casual workers, piece workers, workers on commission and working directors. Sometimes, contractors and sub-contractors are also included under 'workers,' depending on their work arrangements.
Coming to what 'injury means. Injury under jurisdiction includes both mental as well as physical injury. It also includes illnesses and diseases that are contracted in the course of employment. The aggravation and recurrence of any existing injury or diseases also comes under injury. Moreover, injuries received during travelling to and from work too are covered under the workers compensation insurance.
Cost-effective workers compensation insurance for W.A., N.T., N.T. & A.C.T.
SMART is a business insurance specialist, focussed on helping businesses with their insurance needs – this includes public liability insurance, professional indemnity, business insurance packs and management liability nationally.
We may also be able to assist small businesses with workers compensation insurance in:
- Western Australia
- Northern Territory
We partner with several specialist workers compensation insurance companies and agents, with the aim of providing each business client with high quality and cost-effective workers compensation insurance.Please note:
Currently SMART are unable to assist with workers compensation in:
- New South Wales
- South Australia
ATTENTION : Are you are sole trader or self employed ?
If you are a sole trader or self-employed contractor , sub–contractor or consultant personal accident insurance or income protection insurance may be more suited to your needs than workers compensation.
Wherever you are in Australia a friendly SMART business insurance broker may be able to help on 1300 542 573 or email us at email@example.com.
Important tips on workers compensation insurance
As one of the most complicated insurances, here are a few tips on workers compensation insurance:
- Always maintain a record of your business information, including that about wages, obligations towards employees, etc.
- Where a worker is injured, the employer will have to make arrangements to report the injury, assist the worker in getting medical aid, and also co-operate with the insurer.
- Workers injury claims can significantly impact your premium, therefore, it is always essential to maintain a safe and up-to-date work place where the chances of injury are minimum.
For any other queries you may have on workers compensation insurance, Talk to a SMART Business insurance advisor at 1300 542 573 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1300 542 573
TALK to a SMART Business Insurance adviser
Monday – Friday 8.45 am - 6.00 pm AEST