Insurance for Bar Owners

Get a Quote

"*" indicates required fields

Bar Owners Insurance*

At SMART, we enjoy visiting a good Bar.

And we are a flexible in our tastes. During the day the team will often grab a bite from a milk bar, sushi bar or Milk Bar. While in the evening a café/bar , wine bar or cocktail bar is preferred.

When it comes to insuring bars our team know that not all bars are treated equally by insurance companies. Depending on whether you have a wine bar or a sandwich bar certain insurance companies may offer better terms. Plus the location, size and fit out of your Bar may impact on the attractiveness of your Bar to insurance companies – which impacts directly on the terms and price they will quote you for insurance.

Our brokers often know which insurance companies prefer different types of bar business insurance and are able to source competitive quotes on suitable cover on your behalf.

The Bar business can be fickle and it can be risky. Insurance can’t help with some of the risks (eg: not enough customers) but can protect you with others. Below are some of the insurable risks.

Many Business Owners are UNSURE if they are COVERED PROPERLY.
We help them find affordable and SUITABLE INSURANCE so they can run their business with CONFIDENCE.*

Type of Insurance for Bar Owners*

  • Public Liability – eg:slips, trips and falls
  • Product Liability – eg: food or alcohol poisoning.
  • Fire & Perils – eg: if your Bar was originally used for a different purpose, poor wiring, storage or a cramped bar may present fire and other risks.
  • Crime – eg: cash, money and alcohol
  • Business & General Property – eg: damage to building – vandalism
  • Business Interruption – eg: profit associated with location in the event you are forced to close for an extended period.

Suitable business insurance for Bar Owners*

  • Wine Bar
  • Cocktail Bar
  • Café/Bar
  • Sushi Bar
  • Milk Bar
  • Sandwich Bar
  • Sports Bar
  • Lounge/Bar
  • Tavern

Want your QUESTIONS on Business Insurance ANSWERED?
Get in touch. *

Get a Quote

"*" indicates required fields

Suitable business insurance for Bars*

Our business insurance brokers can help you find suitable cost effective insurance for your Bar .

Our brokers will obtain multiple quotes on suitable insurance policies for your from leading insurance companies such as Vero, CGU, Zurich and AIG for sandwich bars, milk bars and sushi bars.

For café/bars, wine bars and cocktail bars we will aim to source suitable cover and competitive terms from a leading insurer or specialist underwriter.

TALK to a SMART Insurance broker on 1300 542 573 or contact us online for SMART insurance cover for your Bar.

What is the correct “Situation Address” to list on my business policy.?*

The Situation Address must be the address of either the physical risk being covered (like a property) or, in the case of Liability policies, the physical address for the normal place (or places) of business.

If you have multiple business locations, e.g., a number of branches, shops, factories or depots, then ALL location addresses must be shown on the schedule and advised to the insurers. And the multiple location addresses then needs to be kept up to date with the insurers at all times, in the event of any changes.

Insurers will not accept a Post Office box as a “normal place of business”, because you cannot do business from a PO Box.

A PO Box is fine for a mailing address, but cannot be used as the address of the “Situation” on any policy.

For example, Public Liability policies usually operate “at and from” an address, which should be the normal place of business for a business policy.

If the business was run from home, for example, then the home address would be shown as the normal place of business. The “at and from” nature of the cover would then cover any transitory business conducted away from the home address (or away from a real business address, as the case may be).

If the business was run from home but was selling through stands or kiosks at markets or shopping centres then that would have to be disclosed to the insurer, as it affects the risk.