Business Insurance for Professional Photographers*
If your retail or commercial photography work involves any of the following activities you've come to the SMART place to cover your business activities.
- Portrait photographers
- Mobile photographers
- Retail photographers
- Sports photographers
- Photographers who specialize in weddings, religious ceremonies, or school photographs
- Commercial photographers
- Industrial photographers
- Landscape photographers
- Scientific photographers
- News photographers,
- Fine arts photographers
- Freelance photographer
- Video production
- Video camera operators
- Freelance TV, movie camera operators
What insurances does a professional photographer need?*
There are a number of suitable business insurances we may be able to find an affordable quote for you on.
- Professional indemnity - for professional photographers professional indemnity insurance can help pay damages suffered by a client based upon your services, advice or negligence. It may also cover legal bills for ambient claims against you when you have done nothing wrong. Photography is an emotive art and in Australia there are many instances of clients seeking damages from professional photographers.
- Public Liability : public liability is a core business insurance cover – its required for all types of businesses big and small- including photographers to cover you against damage to a third person or their property
- General Property – eg: loss of laptops, computer equipment.
- Equipment Insurance- eg .loss or damage to cameras, lenses , and lighting
- Business Interruption - to protect against loss of business income.
- The last four business insurances: public liability, general property, equipment and business interruption may be able to bundled into a "business pack" for affordability and ease of managing.
Professional photographers insurance quote and cost*
Your enquiries will be handled quickly, efficiently and cost effectively.
At SMART we aim to treat each of our clients with a friendly and personal touch. Monthly payments are available.
We talk to sole traders, contractors and small businesses all over Australia and provide business insurance quotes for them every working day.
Depending on the nature of the your professional photography services and the clients you work for different insurance companies and underwriters are likely to provide suitable cover and competitive prices.
Our SMART insurance brokers can help you find suitable cover for your graphic design activities and scale for at a reasonable cost.
For an affordable quote on suitable insurance cover for your graphic design activities TALK to a SMART Business Insurance broker on 1300 542 573 or email us at email@example.com.
1300 542 573
TALK to a SMART Business Insurance adviser
Monday – Friday 8.45 am - 6.00 pm AEST
*Important: Cover may be available subject to meeting insurers underwriting criteria. Some of the covers listed may or may not be available or may have limitations or exclusions. Cover inclusions vary significantly from insurer to insurer. DO NOT rely upon the above. Check your policy schedule carefully for inclusions and exclusions and limitations. Talk to a SMART business insurance broker on 1300 542 573 for more information.
What does photography business insurance cover?*
Photography business insurance cover an cover a wide range of risks a photographer facing while performing their activities.
- Professional indemnity
- Public liability
- Equipment cover
- General property
- Business Interruption
- Small business "business pack"
- Personal health and sickness
Do photographers need insurance?*
Typically, professional photographers do need insurance. Ultimately it’s up to each professional photographer, studio head , or small business to decide what cover they need and what cover you can afford. Where you are located ( home or office ), number of staff (sole trader or business with employees ) and type of clients ( direct, large or small, agencies, retail , commercial ) are some of the factors that will influence your cover choices.
As a photographer you may be able to protect your business and personal assets with the range of covers listed above. The team at SMART Business Insurance can assist in answering any of your coverage questions and help your find suitable and affordable insurance for your professional photography activities.