Interior Designer Insurance

Get a Quote

"*" indicates required fields

Business Insurance for Interior designers

If you are an interior designer that performs any of the tasks bellow it’s smart to look for suitable and affordable business insurance that may be able to protect you when performing your business activities.


Business insurance may be available for interior designers performing the business activities below*

  • Residential interior design services
  • Commercial interior design services
  • Choosing a style and color palette
  • Selecting appropriate furniture, floor and window coverings, artwork, and lighting.
  • Architectural detailing, planning layouts of buildings undergoing renovation.
  • Kitchen, bathroom and flooring design and selection.

The type and amount of cover that is suitable to protect you and your business may depend on the scope of your services , the size of your business, the scope and size of your biggest project each year, and your comfort with risk.

Professional indemnity insurance cover for interior designers*

Professional indemnity insurance may provide protection for interior designers that provide advice; from legal action for losses incurred as a result of claims for professional negligence, errors or omissions. It provides indemnity cover if your client suffers a loss directly attributed to your advice, actions or omissions.

Professional indemnity sums insured of $1m, $2m and $5m are typically available for interior designers.

Why interior designers may need professional indemnity insurance*

No matter how skilled or careful you, as an interior designer providing advice and/or a professional service, you are at risk of a dissatisfied client lodging a claim against you.

Claims against professionals such as interior designers help fill our courts.

Professional Indemnity Insurance can provide cover for the cost of defending legal action against you and your business in addition to protection against losses in proceedings against you.

Get a Quote

"*" indicates required fields

Combined Public Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurance for interior designers*

If you are an interior designer operating as a sole trader or small business public liability and professional indemnity insurance may be able to be combined for you under the one policy.

For medium and larger businesses public liability and professional indemnity insurance may be placed on separate policies.

Examples of interior designer public liability insurance claims are:

  • Slips, trips and falls to someone not employed by you.
  • Damage to the equipment or personal belongings of someone not employed by you.
  • A falling or moving tool or building material causes damage to someone else’s property or someone not employed by you

In the above situations your business may be legally responsible for the claim. To cover your small business against potential public liability insurance claims, talk to your SMART Business Insurance Specialist on 1300 542 573.

For Professional Indemnity Insurance and Public Liability quotes and terms for your interior design business activities talk to SMART Business Insurance on 1300 542 573 or email us at