Smart Business Insurance
Level 11, 484 St Kilda Road Melbourne, VIC3004
$ Phone: 1300 542 573

1300 542 573

TALK to a SMART Business Insurance adviser

Professional indemnity insurance, also known as PI insurance or indemnity insurance, can help protect you if claims are brought against you by a client due to a problem with advice you have provided them. Professional Indemnity Brokers such as Smart Business Insurance can help you determine if you need Professional Indemnity cover

For example you may need professional indemnity insurance if you:

  • provide advice to your clients
  • handle data belonging to a client or business
  • are responsible for a client's intellectual property
  • provide a professional service

How can brokers help you with professional indemnity insurance?

As a Professional Indemnity broker, we can help you understand the risks you face and what professional indemnity can cover you for in your industry. Typically Professional Indemnity covers you if you are negligent or make a mistake which causes a client's business to suffer financial loss.

As a broker, we act in your interests and do NOT act for the insurer. So if you are to claim on your professional indemnity insurance, we are here to help you.

Finding the right professional Indemnity policy for your needs.

Whatever your professional skill, there is always the risk of an unsatisfied customer/client making a claim against your services. As professional indemnity insurance brokers, we can help you find a PI policy that provides you with security, legal and financial protection.

Call us on 1300 542 573, and as a Professional Indemnity broker, we can help you find suitable professional indemnity insurance for your industry.

Types of business that professional indemnity is mandatory for, include:

  • Architects
  • Solicitors
  • Surveyors
  • Accountants
  • Financial Advisors
  • Consultants
  • Consulting Engineer
  • IT consultants
  • Bookkeepers
  • Tax Agents Advisors

Do you need Professional Indemnity Insurance?

Can a client make claims for financial, physical, or material loss based on advice you have provided? If there is a chance they could, you may need professional indemnity insurance.

For example businesses that may need professional indemnity, include:

  • Graphic Designers
  • Travel agents
  • Tour Operators
  • Beauty, hair, massage & physios
  • Marketing and Advertising
  • Real Estate agents

For advice and competitive quotes on professional indemnity, call us on 1300 542 573 to TALK to a SMART Business Insurance Specialist, or email us as at

1300 542 573

TALK to a SMART Business Insurance adviser

Business Hours:

Monday – Friday 8.45 am - 6.00 pm AEST