Business and public liability insurance for self-employed gardeners
If you are self-employed gardener or operate a small gardening company and are looking for business and public liability insurance to protect you from the risks you face from your gardening service you may have come to the smart place.
Wherever you are in Australia you face risks by operating a gardening business.
Whether you provide domestic or commercial gardening services there are potential risks, and you may be responsible if things go wrong.
Self-employed gardeners are at risk of causing unintentional damage to property and people. Anyone can accidently fall into the ditch you just dug, or you could break a window while working, etc.
To provide protection against insurable risks, it is recommended self-employed gardeners at the very least get suitable public alibility insurance.
Risks faced by landscapers and gardeners
Sole traders & business owners operating landscaping and gardening businesses, including lawn mowing contractors face many risks, including walls collapsing, machinery breakdown, and goods in transit.
What insurance does a self-employed gardener need?*
In addition public liability insurance self-employed gardeners should consider the covers below:
- Business insurance pack – you may be able to combine multiple covers in a specially designed policy for a gardening business. Ask your SMART broker for details.
- Commercial motor – may cover any vehicle - car, van, light truck - that you own and use mainly for your gardening business.
- Personal Accident and Sickness – to protect your personal income if you can't work for an extended period.
- Tool insurance - Without tool insurance, you will have to dig into your own savings or borrow money to get your gardening equipment and tools replaced or repaired. This insurance may assist in covering the costs of repair and replacement of machines and tools.
- General property insurance is the name of the policy that may cover damage or loss to gardeners business equipment such as mobiles, and laptops.
Trying to work out what insurance your gardening business needs?
Sole traders & business owners offering gardening services, including lawn mowing contractors face many risks.
Talk to a SMART business insurance specialist on 1300 542 573 to discuss suitable public liability and business insurance cover TODAY.
Gardeners insurance costs and quotes*
Our business insurance brokers are specialists in tradespeople, including self-employed gardeners. We can source suitable public liability and business insurance packages (biz pack) to suit the needs of sole traders, contractors plus small and medium sized gardening businesses.
Depending on the size and nature of your gardening business, our brokers often know which insurance companies and underwriters may be likely to provide suitable cover and competitive prices.
For information, costs or a quote on insurance for gardeners TALK to a SMART Business Insurance broker on 1300 542 573 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1300 542 573
TALK to a SMART Business Insurance adviser
Monday – Friday 8.45 am - 6.00 pm AEST
*Important: Cover may be available subject to meeting insurers underwriting criteria. Some of the covers listed may or may not be available or may have limitations or exclusions. Cover inclusions vary significantly from insurer to insurer. DO NOT rely upon the above. Check your policy schedule carefully for inclusions and exclusions and limitations. Talk to a SMART business insurance broker on 1300 542 573 for more information.