Public Liability Insurance Comparison
Compare Public Liability Quotes and Terms*
Public liability insurance is a core cover for your business. Whether you are a sole trader, a contractor, or run a manufacturing operation, public liability insurance may offer protection from claims made against you.
If you need a suitable public liability insurance policy for your business, Smart Business Insurance brokers are here to help.
Compare Public Liability Quotes and Terms*
Want to compare public liability quotes and terms from leading insurers such as Vero, Zurich, Allianz , Chubb, Hollard, QBE and AIG? You may want to evaluate public liability quotes from other insurers. We offer cover from a wide range of highly respected insurers throughout Australia.
You can compare terms and obtain multiple quotes by contacting us on 1300 542 573 or enquiring online.
Comparing Public Liability Cover for Trades and Corporates*
We compare public liability insurance policies and quotes for businesses ranging across contractors, sole traders, tradespeople, retail shop owners, manufacturers, wholesalers, and corporations. Whether you are a sole proprietor or a business with dozens of employees, we can guide you in your cover search.
When comparing public liability insurance cover there are many factors for you to consider. Here are some of the most important considerations when you are after a public liability policy to protect you for your business activities.
- Are you rated correctly based on your business pursuits? Will the policy cover you for your business activities? For example, if you are classified by your insurer as a handyman but perform occasional roofing, you may need to adjust your cover to ensure it provides protection for all your projects.
- How does the insurer you are considering handle your claims? After an incident, you want fast, professional claims service. You want a carrier that knows the risks you face.
- Will your broker advocate for you after a claim? You may find that with an agent they represent the insurer. We are brokers, which means we work for you – our client.
- What does your policy include and exclude in its language? Endorsements can change your policy by providing cover or reducing or eliminating cover.
- What are the sub-limits and deductibles within your public liability policy?
- How is the public liability insurance company rated? The financial strength of the insurer is vital because it provides a snapshot of its ability to pay its policyholders’ claims.
- Are all the countries where you operate included in the policy’s jurisdictional limits?
- Which entities receive cover under your public liability policy? The hiring of subcontractors presents significant risks. You will need to understand how to handle these exposures.
- What is the rate for your public liability cover? Rates can vary greatly based on your risk profile and your claims history.
- Can you obtain enough primary liability limits, or will you require an excess liability policy?
Get a Quote
How Much Public Liability Cover Do We Need?*
You may wonder how much protection you need for your business. That number depends on the size of your company and the operational risks you face. $5 million does not go far in today’s litigious environment. From limits of $5 million to $20 million or more, we can help you select the cover amount that helps protect your business.
When determining limits, we can assist by reviewing your business and comparing industry coverage benchmarks. These benchmarks compare typical industries’ liability and other insurance limits. For example, if you are a heavy equipment manufacturer, we can benchmark typical coverage limits similar manufacturers buy.
With that information and your unique rating data, we can approach the insurance market to compare quotes and coverage terms for your business.
We Are a Public Liability Insurance Broker*
Public liability insurance decisions require a lot of comparisons. It can be daunting for contractors, sole traders, and small business owners to understand the many clauses and endorsements in a public liability insurance contract. Relying on a business insurance brokers such as Smart Business can help provide peace of mind for today’s business owner.
As a specialist business insurance broker, we obtain competitive public liability quotes every working day for business owners. We understand the challenges you face in managing your risk. And as a broker, we act for your business, not for the insurance company.
Important: Cover may be available subject only to meeting the insurer’s underwriting criteria. Some of the covers listed may or may not be available or may have limitations or exclusions. Cover inclusions vary significantly from insurer to insurer. DO NOT rely upon the above. Check your policy schedule carefully for inclusions and exclusions and limitations. Talk to a SMART Business Insurance broker on 1300 542 573 for more information.